Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Rooney apologises to Manchester United fans



GLASGOW (AFP) - – Wayne Rooney has tried to make his peace with Manchester United's fans by saying sorry for the way his contract talks were concluded last month.
The England striker appeared to question United's desire and left open the possibility he might move to local rivals Manchester City.
It left a sour taste with many United fans who, when Rooney did extend his Old Trafford contract by five years, felt he toyed with their emotions in the hope of getting a better financial deal.
Rooney, before scoring his match-winning penalty in United's 1-0 Champions League victory over Rangers at Ibrox here on Wednesday, said: "I feel like I have apologised to the fans but everyone keeps saying that I haven't.
"If that is the case, then I apologise for my side of things.
"I have made my point clear since I signed my contract that I am committed to this club for the long term. I want to be successful here.
"Everyone is saying that I was definitely going to Manchester City. Believe me if I had gone it wouldn't have been in England."
United manager Sir Alex Ferguson blamed Rooney's agent, Paul Stretford, for giving the forward bad advice but the 25-year-old himself was adamant he never wanted to leave Old Trafford.
"You see so many players leave this club and not do so well so I am delighted to have stayed."

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates