Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Djokovic eyes top ranking

Novak Djokovic tennis star 2011

Novak Djokovic is convinced he can become the world number one after defeating Andy Murray in the Australian Open final.
Djokovic was clinical as he won his second Grand Slam title at Melbourne Park, dispatching a disappointing Murray 6-4 6-2 6-3 in 159 minutes.
The win makes him one of only four active players to have won two or more majors, and the Serb believes he now possesses the game to rival the world's top two players Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer.
"If people want to call me a part of the big three, that's great," Djokovic said.
"I have big respect for Federer and Nadal, everything they have done."
"They are great examples of champions in every sense on and off the court, so to be able to compete with them is a huge challenge."
"But since 2008, I'm a more complete player - mentally more experienced, physically fitter and stronger and I'm hitting the ball more powerfully."
Djokovic has closed the gap in the rankings between himself and world number two Federer, and believes he can reach the summit with more performances likes the ones he produced in Melbourne.
"My goal is to be number one of the world and I'm doing everything in order to achieve that," Djokovic said.
"Every year I have the highest ambitions because I always believed in my abilities and believed in my quality and I know that I can win grand slams and I have proven that."
"I know how to handle pressure, how to handle the big stage, so I guess it's just a matter of continuous hard work and dedication and consistency in the results and the ranking will come by itself."
"But it's going to be very hard because the main rivals for that spot, next to Murray and (Robin) Soderling, are Federer and Nadal, the two best players in the world who are winning most of the tournaments they play and most of the Grand Slams."
"So if I want to become the best player in the world, I will have to win more Grand Slams and try to get more points there."
 

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates